Prevention is the key
It’s rightly said that prevention is better than cure but do we take precautionary steps to make sure we don’t get sick? I know you’d agree when I say that you’ll do anything in your power to maintain good health and avoid illnesses as much as possible and autumn/winter season is the time when you really wanna ramp things up!
How strong is your immune system though? Is it well supported and prepared enough to fight viruses? Public Health Agencies encourage flu vaccination every year, however, I’d rather be on the natural side of protecting my immune system and overall health. (and to be honest. I’ve heard of many more adverse reactions from flu vaccines so I personally stay right away!).
You can always boost the immune system naturally with simple steps from the comfort of your own home…
Fight Flu Naturally
Eat a whole food Plant Diet
It really goes without saying, that avoiding animal products will not only help you to stay healthy and vibrant but eating a plant-based diet can keep you out of the doctor’s office! Since going plant-based myself recently, I have noticed a HUGE change in my skin, gut health, moods and energy levels. I went on this journey to help heal some conditions that have been plaguing my life, such as adrenal fatigue.
Incorporate Healthy Supplements
I always promote food first (eating well) but even if you’re on a whole food plant based-diet, our soils are so drained of nutrients that we need to look to incorporate some healthy supplements that are natural and pure. To stay well and flu-free I take zinc sulfate in liquid form 3 times a day, plus Desiccated Liver, ester C/liposomal, Cordyceps and Rhodiola. My top 3 (if I really had to choose would be Zinc Sulfate, Desiccated Liver and ester/liposomal C).
Hand washing is the single most important step we can take to prevent sickness and avoid germs from spreading. Many diseases are spread when we don’t wash our hands with antibacterial soap and clean water.
Note: most antibacterial hand soaps are loaded with harmful, immune-destroying chemicals. Please see our recipe below to find out how you can make your own…
Healthy Antibacterial Hand Soap
- 350ml of distilled/boiled water (cooled down)
- 2 tbsp liquid castille soap
- 1 tbsp of fractionated coconut oil
- 5-10 drops of your favourite essential oils
Ideas for Healthy Anti-sickness Blends:
- Protective blend*
- Geranium & Peppermint
- Cinnamon, Geranium & Clove
- Lemongrass & lavender
- Cinnamon, Geranium & Cedarwood
- Cedarwood & Lavender
*already blended – enquire within.
- In your soap dispenser*, fill it up ¾ full with the water
- Add about 2 tbsp of liquid castille soap to the water then add the fractionated coconut oil.
- Add about 5-10 drops of your favourite blend of essential oils
- Put on the pump lid and give a little swirl
- It’s ready to use!
*If you’re looking for a plastic soap dispenser that’s very affordable you can find them here.
Using certified therapeutic grade essential oils can have the most profound effect on your health and wellbeing, and if you haven’t yet joined the million’s worldwide enjoying their benefits, then what better time than now? Essential oils are mother nature’s gifts of abundance and contain healing energy and properties that allow your body to access it’s own source of healing. They can be many things, but for the point of this article there many that are anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti fungal (see image below).
Stay Away from People Who are Sick
Don’t shake hands, don’t talk close enough or talk in a face to face manner with persons who are sick and contagious. Protect yourself always from people who are sick and protect others when you are sick. Wash everything you touch or naturally disinfect doorknobs, phones and other stuff that are being used by other people especially when you are in your workplace or public areas.
Tea Tree oil, OnGuard or Purify work best for this purpose!
Stay well and keep your immune system strong by applying these simple practices:
- Stay hydrated with 8-10 glasses of pure, filtered water (avoid tap water like the plague!)
- Get plenty of rest and practice stillness/quiet mind through meditation, time spent in nature, reading or other
- Practice smart stress strategies (see point 2 and if you can’t do these try to either let it go or not buy into the energy or bullshit)
- Exercise and move your body how your body likes to move
- Include raw garlic in your diet
- Laugh more often and take life light-heartedly
- Have a massage or some form of bodywork
- Eat LOADS of fruits and vegetables (especially fruits as fruits are nature’s miracle foods)
- Avoid things like canola/vegetable oil, MSG, aspartame, GMOs and artificial preservatives, additives (these things are hazardous to our health)
- Eat a plant-based diet that means no more cheese, pork, chicken, beef, dairy as these foods actually feed pathogens in the body so forget about chicken soup! It’s a myth that it’s healthy
- Include more green juices and smoothies as these are so loaded with vital nutrients that your body will rejoice in! Try to include raw spinach, orange and wild blueberries daily.
- Sweat it up! If you can access a sauna then go for it! There is no better way to sweat and release toxins than an infrared sauna if you can get to one and if not then you could always look at investing in one for your home, they’re not that expensive – in fact, we bought one recently and it was only about $1100 on eBay brand new!
- Drink herbal teas that help kill viruses such as fresh oregano, sage and thyme (add raw honey will give it another boost!).
- Use a zeolite mask on your body at least once a week to help remove heavy metals. I also take this internally daily to help get these nasty substances out of my body.
- Drink organic red wine or take a high quality resveratrol supplement as the antioxidants will help fight free radicals in your body, keeping you younger and healthier for longer.
- Lessen your toxic load by swapping over to natural body and cleaning products. This will be such an investment in your health I can’t even tell you! No longer breathing in those toxic fumes from chemical cleaners, polluting the environment with their poisons and your body will be from absorbing these pollutants!
- Take high quality immune-boosting supplements like Desiccated Liver, Cordyceps, liposomal vitamin C and liquid zinc sulfate.
I hope you enjoyed today’s blog? I know it may all seem a little overwhelming but it doesn’t have to be, just take the first steps such as eating cleaner and using more natural products (hand soap is an awesome start! 😉
Please share this blog with anyone and EVERYONE so we can get more people healthier and have fewer sick days. Yay!